Tips & Tricks - A Group Leader's Guide To A Smooth Tip
Over the years Seaside Golf Vacations has found that the Group Leaders who enjoy their trips the most are well organized and have done a good job of passing information to their group members. In the spirit of “best practices” we’d like to share these suggestions with you to help you plan your trip. And since we are always learning, too, please let us know if you have any suggestions that we should add.
Booking the Package:
- Make sure SGV has your mailing address, e-mail, and phone numbers (especially cell phone number so you may be contacted when traveling if something comes up).
- Send a copy of the confirmation and policies to everyone in the group.
- Send SGV a list of everyone who will be on the trip – that way SGV can let you know if they have not received payment from a group member.
- Provide the Online Credit Card Payment link to all group members. The web address is https://payment.seasidegolf.com. There is a link to Online Payments on your confirmation, and it also appears at the top of our website www.seasidegolf.com.
- Please inform all group members of the deposit due & balance due dates, and the acceptable forms of payment.
- Make sure all group members know that any payments by check need to have the GROUP LEADER’s name on the memo line.
- Suggest to all group members that when they make deposits by credit card that they give SGV permission to charge the balance on the due date so they do not have to call back or go online to make the make final payment.
- Assign one person as the “money man” to communicate with all golfers, and with SGV, to monitor payment status.
- Send SGV (E-mail, mail or fax) a list with every participant’s name and daytime phone number.
Three weeks prior to arrival:
- Forward the directions to the lodging to everyone on the trip.
- Remind everyone to pay his or her balance.
- If checking into a condo, identify who will pick up the package materials and keys, and give them the directions to do so.
- Establish a time and place for everyone to meet if no one will be at the condos to hand out keys and room assignments.
- Designate one person with a cell phone as the arrival point of contact and make sure all participants have that number to call if they have problems during their trip, or with finding the meeting location.
- Send SGV a rooming list to speed up the check-in process.
- Identify who will drive people to and from airport.
- Set up pairings for each round of golf.
- Designate one person to check the group in at the golf courses and be responsible for bringing the vouchers.
- Assign someone to be the tip person for each round of golf and collect tips for the bag drop in advance (at least $2 per golf bag is customary).
- Give an extra copy of the pairings for each round to the staff at the bag drop. They REALLY appreciate this with larger groups.
- Tell everyone to have a tag with their name on their golf bag so that the bag can be identified at the bag drop – this also really helps the staff loading the carts.
- Remind everyone the night before what time you must leave for each golf course to make our tee time, allowing at least 20 minutes at the course to get checked in and ready to play. Allow sufficient time to get to the golf course as well as hit some golf balls, and roll some putts.
- Give everyone directions to the course for the next round.
- Make sure everybody knows the required checkout time to avoid additional charges. Tell everyone that they must check out of the condos or hotel rooms PRIOR TO THEIR “GET-AWAY ROUND.” That means getting up early on the last day or packing the night before.
- Check the condos/rooms before you leave to make sure no one forgot anything. Items most often left behind are cell phones and cell phone chargers.